Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Local volunteer firefighters extraction training

On the very cold evening of Tuesday, October 29, 2013 I had the privilege to observe our local volunteer fire department conduct extraction training (for 3 long, cold hours) with their 'jaws of life' equipment. What an amazing group of men and women we have in our all volunteer fire department here in Wallingford, Vermont. Well done, lads and ladies!

Some of the photos appear a bit grainy due to the low light and needing to compensate digitally. I wasn't able to get up close and personal much of the time, due to safety factors. However, I was able to capture much of the event using my little Canon Power Shot camera zoom lens. You'll still be able to get the gist of the action although some of the photo quality is poor.

The tires on the van were left intact for salvage and removal purposes. It was driven onto a trailer for delivery and needed to be reloaded for removal after the training exercise. Believe it or not, after a quick jump the ol' van started right up after sitting all spring and summer.

This particular training exercise was of special interest to me because the vehicle used was donated by me and my husband. Although this van was my bread and butter for many years, having used it for my estate clean-out business and travel, we were very pleased to donate it. If, someday, this training helps to save even one life, it was well worth the contribution to our local volunteers. I love these guys and gals. Stay safe y'all!


Before the training exercise






Fire Chief Goulet has an attentive group


Pokey, pokey...out go the windows













Amazing what men and machines can do!





Getting ready to remove the roof





There goes the roof




Frost on the roof...my heroes train in all weather




Training saves lives...well done men!



Does she still run, John?




...and after

Parts piled back on for the salvage yard

Mission accomplished!
Connect with Angel Ridge Art at Facebook!



No comments: